After four years of planning and construction a new park is nearing completion in Euroa.
The park has been built on the vacant block at the back of Euroa Post Office in Brock Street.
The last building on this land was the manual telephone exchange building which was constructed in 1954, it was demolished in late 2003 and remained vacant until recently, with the land still under the ownership of Telstra.
Prior to 1954 the telephone exchange was housed in the Euroa Post Office building.
The rapid growth of telephone usage in the Euroa District required more room for the Exchange.
In December 1912 there were 36 lines to the Euroa Exchange, 1915 – 63 lines and prior to the closure of the exchange to the automated system in 1978 there were 983 lines.